File Origination Paralegal in Elmsford, NY
Summary and Objectives:
The File Origination Paralegal works directly with PMT attorneys, PMT staff, opposing counsel, and various external contacts to ensure proper information is provided, received, and documented in PMT’s database management system, ProLaw. The File Origination Paralegal is responsible to open cases in ProLaw timely and accurately and follow PMT policy and procedure regarding conflicts checks and various communications with internal and external sources. The File Origination Paralegal is responsible to ensure ProLaw updates are made on a regular basis so that correct information can be made readily available to all users.
Reports To: Office Manager
Hourly Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 (Depending on Experience)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review of new matter assignment emails
- Conflicts checks
- Prepare and issue acknowledgment emails
- Print, review, organize and scan case materials and save same into physical and electronic files
- Open electronic files in ProLaw for new matters
- ProLaw updates
- Reassignment of matters to new PMT staff
- Generate PMT staff open case lists.
Advanced Essential Functions:
- Call opposing counsel to request extension of time to Answer
- Prepare Stipulation Extending Time to Answer
- Follow-up for executed Stipulation Extending Time to Answer
- Prepare representation letters to insured
- Prepare Notice of Appearance.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A strong eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Novice understanding of ProLaw.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and printers.
This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax, copy machine, and phone. Work is completed in a corporate office environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed due to extenuating circumstances. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is not a fully-remote position and cannot be completed in its entirety outside of the office.
Travel may occasionally be necessary to assist in other PMT offices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5-plus years of related work experience in this position
- ProLaw Experience a plus, but not required
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume, salary, and other benefit requirements to the Director of Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time (with hybrid work schedule available)
PMT NY Office Location:
We Offer a Competitive Benefit Packages to All of Our Employees, Including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same Sex)
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Firm-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pre-tax Parking and Transit Programs
- Pre-tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, HRA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 3 Weeks of Vacation Per Year to Start
- PTO days, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Commuter Benefits
Pillinger Miller Tarallo began in 2002 with a handful of lawyers representing insurance clients in New York and has grown into over 90 lawyers located throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. We have been able to achieve this successful growth by providing highly-experienced representation to our clients in all areas of civil litigation.
Our primary objective is the swift, cost-effective resolution of cases with the most favorable outcome possible for our clients.
Our Firm is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating achieved only by a select group of law firms nationwide after a rigorous screening process.
Our attorneys have handled thousands of cases across numerous practice areas throughout the Northeast. Moreover, we are known as a “go to” trial firm since our attorneys have tried over 500 cases since the formation of the firm. Our approach to each and every case is to provide not only sound legal counsel, but also to ensure excellent client service. The foregoing principles have guided us over the years and have laid a foundation for our attorneys to build upon for the future.
All employees are required to produce and send HR a copy of their COVID vaccination card before their start date.