Legal Secretary/Assistant for Elmsford, NY
AV Rated Westchester based Law Firm seeks a full-time Legal Assistant/ Secretary with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Insurance Defense Litigation. Experience in WordPerfect, Word 2010-2013, Microsoft Outlook required; with knowledge of ProLaw a plus.
All applicants must:
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have prior experience with litigation procedures and processes
- Have prior experience in e-filing and creating table of authorities
- Have familiarity with State and Federal court procedures and rules
- Have the ability to work in a team-based setting with other Legal Secretaries supporting a group of attorneys
- Have excellent typing and dictaphone transcription skills
- Have a strong knowledge regarding the preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery demands, Affirmations in Opposition, answers, and other legal documents and correspondence
- Know how to create TOA and TOC in Word
- Possess strong grammar and spelling ability
- Be able to follow directions and take clear notes while being trained
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize assignments
- Be open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
Employees must be fully vaccinated; wear masks in common areas; daily temperature checks; meetings are electronic; visitors to the office are limited. Hybrid work schedule, partial WFH and partial in-office; days are assigned.
Please email your resume, salary, and other benefit requirements to the Director of Human Resources.