Legal Secretary/Assistant in Elmsford, NY
Summary and Objectives:
The Legal Secretary/Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to attorneys as well as performing general clerical duties when needed. The legal secretary must have knowledge of litigation procedures and processes, have experience e-filing and creating tables of authorities and tables of contents in Word. This individual must have familiarity with State and Federal court procedures and rules, have typing and digital transcription skills and possess a strong knowledge of preparation of various legal documentation and correspondence. The position requires exceptional note-taking skills and requires the use of proper grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to multi-task. The legal secretary will work in a team setting supporting often five to seven attorneys and assisting other legal secretaries as needed. The ability to prioritize workload is a plus.
Reports To: Office Manager/Secretarial Supervisor
Hourly Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 (Depending on Experience)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preparing pleadings, motions, discovery demands, affirmations in opposition, answers, and other legal documents and correspondence
- Providing transcription through use of headphones and a foot pedal
- E-filing and creating tables of contents and tables of authorities in Word
- Assisting attorneys in maintaining compliance with required reporting
- Clerical work (i.e., copying, scanning, emailing, faxing) and any other clerical work needed to fully support your assigned attorneys
- Occasional administrative work (i.e., filing, sorting and delivering mail and office supplies)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Have familiarity with State and Federal court procedures and rules
- Possess strong typing, note-taking, and multi-tasking skills
- Possess strong grammar and spelling ability
- Have the ability to work in a team-based setting with other legal secretaries supporting a group of attorneys
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and printers. Additionally, the legal secretary will be required to transcribe digital dictation by way of headphones while using a foot pedal.
This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax, copy machine, desk phone, headphones and foot pedal. Work is completed in a corporate office environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional flexibility in hours is allowed due to extenuating circumstances. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is not a fully-remote position and cannot be completed in its entirety outside of the office
Travel is generally only expected in this position for training purposes.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent education
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Post high school courses in keyboard and computer techniques, basic office procedures, grammar, spelling, and writing, and transcription.
- Notary Public.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume, salary, and other benefit requirements to the Director of Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time (with hybrid work schedule available)
PMT NY Office Location:
We Offer a Competitive Benefit Packages to All of Our Employees, Including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same Sex)
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Firm-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pre-tax Parking and Transit Programs
- Pre-tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, HRA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 3 Weeks of Vacation Per Year to Start
- PTO days, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Commuter Benefits
Pillinger Miller Tarallo began in 2002 with a handful of lawyers representing insurance clients in New York and has grown into over 90 lawyers located throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. We have been able to achieve this successful growth by providing highly-experienced representation to our clients in all areas of civil litigation.
Our primary objective is the swift, cost-effective resolution of cases with the most favorable outcome possible for our clients.
Our Firm is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating achieved only by a select group of law firms nationwide after a rigorous screening process.
Our attorneys have handled thousands of cases across numerous practice areas throughout the Northeast. Moreover, we are known as a “go to” trial firm since our attorneys have tried over 500 cases since the formation of the firm. Our approach to each and every case is to provide not only sound legal counsel, but also to ensure excellent client service. The foregoing principles have guided us over the years and have laid a foundation for our attorneys to build upon for the future.
All employees are required to produce and send HR a copy of their COVID vaccination card before their start date.