Paralegal in New York, NY – Insurance Defense
Westchester based AV Rated Law Firm seeks a full-time Paralegal in busy New York City branch with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Insurance Coverage and Defense Litigation.
Working knowledge of ProLaw not required but strongly recommended.
Paralegal certificate is required.
All applicants must have excellent organizational skills and be able to follow directions, as well as have grammar and spelling ability. Applicants must be able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced team environment and working for 3-5 attorneys.
All applicants must have strong knowledge regarding motions, discovery, pleadings, and trial preparation. Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing scanned mail reports and categorizing documents accordingly in Prolaw: pleadings, EBT transcripts, discovery, correspondence, etc.
- Processing medical record requests and responses.
- Processing invoices.
- Medical records review and preparation of surgeries/treatment summary.
- Drafting and filing pleadings, responses, discovery demands, etc.
- Updating monthly SCA log.
- Setting up IMEs – designating doctors, preparing and providing medical records for review.
- Ordering translation services for IMEs.
- Assisting attorneys with preparation of compliance reports.
- Assisting attorneys with locating information/documents within transfer files (COIs, leases, agreements, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
All employees must wear masks while in the office; all employees must have daily temperature checks; meetings are primarily electronic; visitors to the office are limited. Hybrid work schedule, partial WFH and partial in-office; days are assigned.
Please email your resume, salary, and other benefit requirements to the Director of Human Resources.