Defense Litigation Paralegal in Philadelphia
New York Metro Area law firm with national practice seeks paralegal with at least three (3) year’s defense litigation experience. Notary Public license a plus. Paralegal Degree or Certificate required.
- Review and analyze discovery documents, case materials and correspondence.
- Draft legal documents including third-party summons and complaints, notices of
appearance, discovery responses, discovery demands, subpoenas, stipulations, consents
to change attorneys, notice of entry, and other legal documents and correspondence.
- Assist with depositions.
- Obtain and maintain medical and other records.
- Coordinate investigations, expert examinations and inspections.
- Organize and maintain file documents.
- Assist with motions and preparation of exhibits.
- E-file documents with NYSCEF and PACER.
- Assist with pre-trial and trial preparation.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication and organization skills
- Prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Microsoft office
- Experience in Prolaw is a plus!
- Paralegal Certificate/degree required
- At least 3 years’ experience working at a defense law fir
- Ability to complete trial prep work
- Assisting in court filings and basic motion practice
- Handling a No-Fault calendar
- Having an understanding of the court system – when, where, why, and how to file certain
- Having strong research skills
- Having familiarity with NY courts
- Having experience reviewing medical and accident reports
- Having client contact experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please direct your resume, office location you are applying for and salary requirements to Beverly Warwick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Human Resources.
Full-time (with Hybrid schedule available at this time)
Hybrid Schedule Subject to Change
$50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year – Commensurate with Experience
PMT Office Locations:
We offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same Sex)
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Firm-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pre-tax Parking and Transit Programs – Commuter Benefits
- Pre-tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA and HRA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 3 weeks of PTO per year to start
- Bereavement Policy
- Jury Duty
Pillinger Miller Tarallo began in 2002 with a handful of lawyers representing insurance clients in New York and has grown into over 90 lawyers located throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We have been able to achieve this successful growth by providing
highly-experienced representation to our clients in all areas of civil litigation.
Our primary objective is the swift, cost-effective resolution of cases with the most favorable outcome possible for our clients.
Our Firm is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating achieved only by a select group of law firms after a rigorous screening process.
Our attorneys have handled thousands of cases across numerous practice areas throughout the Northeast. Moreover, we are known as the “go to” trial firm since our attorneys have tried over 500 cases since the formation of the firm. Our approach to each and every case is to provide not only sound legal counsel, but also to ensure excellent client service. The foregoing principles have guided us over the years and have laid a foundation for our attorneys to build upon for the future.