Pillinger Miller Tarallo and St. John’s Tobin Center for Executive Education, its Maurice R. Greenberg
School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science (GSRM) proudly presents:
Killing the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggs:
Will progressive legislation and judicial decisions do what natural disasters couldn’t do in New York?
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 | 2:00 pm – 4:15 pm
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Our third conference series webinar will examine whether insurance companies can survive and thrive in New York. New York is the financial and commercial capital of the United States. As a leading insurance hub, the rest of the country closely follows its lead. In this webinar, we examine whether proposed legislation and recent judicial decisions will cause insurers to restrict the availability of insurance in New York.
Our panel consists of PMT partners, industry leaders, and Greenberg School of Risk Management professors who will look at the future of insurance in New York.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Online registration at St. John’s Tobin Center for Executive Education
Moderator – Thomas M. Bona, Partner – Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
Marc H. Pillinger, Executive Partner – Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
Jeffrey T. Miller, Executive Partner – Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
Jeffrey D. Schulman, Executive Partner – Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
Mark J. Browne, Ph.D., Faculty Chair of the School of Risk Management in the Tobin College of Business at St. John’s University
Douglas C. Millner, CRIS, Assistant Vice President – Claim Account Manager North America Construction – AXA XL, a division of AXA
Jack Jennings, Adjunct Professor – Maurice R. Greenberg School of Risk Management
Thomas M. Bona, Partner – Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Session One: Danger Ahead?
- Effect of bad faith legislation on insurance availability
- Effect of bad faith legislation on damages awards
- Will recent record damage awards become the new normal for New York?
- Do insurance companies consider a state’s tort claim climate when deciding whether to do business there?
- What effect do absolute liability and New York’s labor law have on construction and insurance
3:00 pm – 3:15 pm
3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
Session Two: Only in New York
- What can the new Governor do to encourage and restore trust for insurance companies doing business in New York?
- Is New York still an influential insurance state?
- Given the current make-up of the New York legislature, is there any hope legislation can be passed to soften or mitigate New York’s Labor Law?
A Q&A session will be held at the end of session two.
Note: Speakers and agenda are subject to change.