Neil L. Sambursky
Neil has been a practicing attorney for over 30 years and joined PMT in 2019 as the Managing Partner of PMT’s Garden City, New York office as well as the Co-chair of the firm’s Products and Chair of PMT’s Coverage Group. Neil has a diverse practice and is a sought-after defense and insurance coverage attorney. Clients know that when they have a problem, even at the eleventh hour, they can turn to Neil and he will successfully get the job done.
Neil is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey; he has an active defense and insurance coverage practice in all of the state and federal courts in both states. Neil serves as national product liability counsel to a Fortune 100 company.
Neil’s insurance defense practice in New York and New Jersey, includes all types of civil matters including asbestos, construction defect, construction accidents, including New York Labor Law, environmental, toxic tort, and every other type of premises liability case. Neil’s insurance coverage practice is equally diverse. Neil both prosecutes and defends insurance declaratory judgment actions and is regularly called on to issue coverage opinions for claims under first-party property, environmental, general liability and professional liability policies in New York, New Jersey and throughout the country. Neil’s coverage expertise also extends to all aspects of additional insured and contractual pass-through/indemnification issues associated with complex construction accident/construction defect claims. Neil has succeeded for his clients on motion, at mediation and trial, and at the appellate level.
Neil is counsel to insurance and non-insurance clients and his clients include Arch Insurance Group, Admiral Insurance Company, AdvanSix, Inc., Berkley Insurance Company, Honeywell International Inc., Pride Mobility Products Corporation, Resideo Technologies, Inc., Sompo International Insurance, Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual IGarnsurance Company, Vela Insurance, and Zurich Insurance Company.
Neil is a tough negotiator and he has successfully mediated hundreds of cases, both coverage and defense, for his clients. Neil provides in-house lectures at insurance companies on coverage, defense and claim handling issues and he also been asked to speak for the New York State Bar Association and other organizations.
Below are some of Neil’s public presentations and speeches:
- “Trying The Environmental Coverage Case” (Mealey’s)
- “Commercial Lines Insurance Coverage With Advanced Issues” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “2005 Update and Overview of Premises Liability” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “Commercial Lines: Coverage for the Construction Defect Claim” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “2007 Insurance Coverage Update: Focus on First Party Coverage Issues. (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “Can the Commercial General Liability Policy Survive? Recent Developments Affecting Coverage for Bodily Injury Claims Under the CGL Policy” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “Additional Insured Coverage: Hot Topics & Critical Issues for 2009” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- “Practical Skills – Basic Tort and Insurance Law Practice” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
- Law School For Insurance Professionals” (New York State Bar Assoc.)
American Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Super Lawyers 2014
Super Lawyers 2015
Super Lawyers 2016
Super Lawyers 2017
Super Lawyers 2018